5 Ways to Make Your Guest Feel Your House is Their House
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Bestway and BraVoMark. As always all opinions are mine.
Let’s be honest, having house guests can sometimes be stressful. Despite this stress there are ways to make the experience easier for house guest and homeowner. I have had the chance to be a house guest a couple of times, and I have been lucky that my hosts made their home feel like mine.
Since we are in the travel season, I thought I would share my tips for making your home feel like your guests home.
It can be stressful to have house guests but with these tips the experience will be easier for all parties involved.
- Preparation – Generally I start the preparation for guest about a week in advance, I map out what needs to be done around the house, dates the guests will be at my house and any cleaning that needs to be done.
- Space – Traveling can be difficult and staying in a home that is not yours can add to travel stress. Give your guests their own space while staying at your home, even if it is an air mattress or couch!
- Food – If you want your guests to feel like your home is their, stock it up with their favorite food. Everyone gets the midnight snack attacks, and if they have a couple of favorites handy, it can ease a bit of that travel stress.
- Technicalities – Be sure to share passwords to Wi-Fi connections, and quick remote control lessons can go far for a house guest who can’t sleep.
- Sleep Time – The most important part of travel is to get sleep, with sleep comes rest. The best way to keep guests comfortable is to provide clean sheets, and a comfortable air mattress. There is nothing worse than a waking up with a sore back because the mattress deflates! Good news for guests is that there is a air mattress that STAYS INFLATED throughout the night – the FORTECH AIRBED (QUEEN) WITH ALWAYZAIRE PUMP, available at Walmart.
The Fortech 17″ Queen Airbed with Built-in Alwayzaire Pump and 3 Preset Comfort Levels features the following:
- This queen size airbed measures 80 in. x 60 in. x 17 in. (2.03m x 1.52m x 43cm).
- Safety valve makes it easy to inflate. Includes built-in 110-120V~ electric AlwayzAire pump (ETL approved) that monitors and maintains air pressure continuously.
- Inflates in 150 seconds.
- Great for indoor use, with canvas-feel fabric top, outside and bottom.
- Unique rib and surround frame design offers advanced support and helps to eliminate roll offs.
- Clear, user-friendly pump panel.
- Easy one click operation.
- Three options for airbed firmness.
- Internal sensors detect air pressure continuously and silent pump engages to maintain constant firmness.
- Soft back light easily displays the level settings even in a darkened room.
- Designed with sturdy Y-beam construction, to be rigid and stable.
- Includes one airbed and one travel bag.
In addition when you purchase a mattress from Walmart you can enter on Facebook to win a SaluSpa Miami (retailed at $369.99, just follow these simple steps –
• Purchase an ALWAYZAIRE bed from Walmart.com or Walmart
• Take a photo of yourself using the bed or next to it. (Be fun and Wacky)
• Post your photo under the comment section of @BestwayUs Facebook page contest post to be entered to win a SaluSpa Miami (retailed at $369.99)
• Bestway will be picking 5 Winners September 15th
When you implement these simple suggestions, all your house guests will feel like your home is their home.
What tips do you have for preparing for houseguests?
What do you like about the AlwayzAire Airbed?